So you’ve seen a lot of the inside of our house, but as summer is right around the corner, it’s high time we take the show on the road… out the back door. That’s right- you’re about to get an all-exclusive, behind the scenes tour of our “room with a view”! We love this space (well, it’s potential that is… we don’t love everything about it as it is right this minute) and can’t wait to show you some of the things we’ve been up to. It seems as though the only appropriate way to do this would be to give you a tour like no other you’ve seen here…
Welcome to: OUR FIRST VIDEO ON THE BLOG! Hooray! Here’s a video that I took way back when that will give you a glimpse into the nooks and crannies of our backyard. Consider this your official “before” shot. And stay tuned the rest of the week because change is in the air, baby!
A few (
highly important basically pointless) things to note:
- I am a full-fledged member of the “Craaaaap, That’s What My Voice Sounds Like?!?” Club, but I think most people are a bit weirded out by the sound of their own voice, so we roll with it.
- Sorry for the skinny sliver of frame you have to view this- it’s highly likely that I was holding the camera the wrong way.
- Yes, I know- it was APRIL when this was filmed. Sorry for the delay, folks 🙂
- We still had our shovel out in APRIL for fear that this past year’s winter craze would somehow strike again…
- My go-to word fillers are “um” and “so”. Apologies abound.
- Don’t mind the white branches in the pot- they were left over from a Christmas decoration I made last year.
- Upon watching it, the first thing Mitch said was, “You couldn’t have stood the chair back up before filming?” Whoops!
- “Over and Out”?!? I panicked… next time I will come up with a less awkward way to end things.
So that’s our starting point with the backyard. Not to worry, we’ve already made major changes and can’t wait to spill the beans (this week!!)! Also, in the spirit of changes, the ‘ole blog itself is getting a makeover! Stay tuned for details on a new look, new content (as seen in Exhibit A, we are now able to upload videos), and maybe even a name change! We’ll be sure to keep you in the know.
For now, I’ll leave you with a few still (and non-wobbly) shots of our beloved soon-to-be backyard oasis. Enjoy and Happy Monday!