Happy Friday, all!
To finish off the week, we’ve got some pretty exciting news… Oh, the Fun has been nominated for the Liebster Award! Essentially, this is an award for small blogs to help in the way of getting their feet off the ground. A huge thank you to Julia over at Bunny Baubles for nominating us! This is how it works:
Nominated blogs share 11 fun facts about themselves, answer 11 questions (given by the blog who nominated them), nominate 11 more blogs (with 200 followers or less), and give them 11 questions to answer. So here we go:
11 Fun Facts about Oh, the Fun (aka Leslie and Mitch):
- Oh, the Fun began on February 14th. We are just under four months old. Babies 🙂
- We have an ongoing bucket list (in a mini-notebook) that we update regularly.
- Mitch works for a sports ministry called Push the Rock
- Leslie has been playing the violin since third grade.
- Mitch has agreed to watch every season of One Tree Hill if Leslie watches every season of King of Queens. Right now, we’re watching every season of 24. And we’re addicted.
- We have ten mirrors in our house. And six rooms.
- We love having campfires.
- Our favorite game to play is Trouble.
- Mitch was born in New Hampshire and grew up in Delaware.
- Leslie was born in Pennsylvania and grew up in… wait for it… Pennsylvania.
- We both dream of going back to visit Disney World someday. It was way more magical than we expected…
11 Questions from Bunny Baubles:
1. What do you hope for in your blog in the next 5 years? I started this blog as a creative outlet to chronicle some of the adventures we’ve experienced throughout our time as homeowners, newlyweds, and in ministry. The hope was that it could be a tool for friends and family to stay connected to our lives (even if they don’t see us all of the time) as well as young, twenty-somethings that may be in our shoes and could benefit from some of the things that worked for us and (better yet) a lot of the things that didn’t. If, in five years, the blog is still serving that purpose, that’s good enough for me. 🙂
2. What is your favorite blog? YoungHouseLove
3. Who is your biggest inspiration? (grab the tissues) My mom and dad.
4. What will you treat yourself to? Chocolate chip cookie dough and Dance Moms
5. Where are your top 3 travel musts? On our bucket list are: Italy, going out west (I will get to Havasu Falls if it kills me), and camping in our backyard.
6. What is the one thing that will always make you smile? Our youth group kiddos
7. How do you feel about social media? I’ve always liked turning actual pages in a book over reading off a screen… so I’d say I’m a bit behind the curve.
8. What are you most proud of? My brothers (sorry, changing this to a “who”)
9. What are you most afraid of? Losing a family member.
10. What is your favorite 90s song? Backstreet Boys all day, baby! Specific song? That’s too tough…
11. What is your non-blogging job? Youth Director
11 Blogs we are Nominating:
11 Questions for those Blogs:
- Favorite color?
- Dream vacation?
- Favorite meal of the day?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
- What did you always want to be when you grow/grew up?
- Most embarrassing moment?
- Do you like books or movies better?
- What is your favorite thing to cook?
- What is one thing that you’re good at that you don’t like admitting?
- If you had $100 extra bucks to make a difference, how would you use it?
Whew! That’s a lot of elevens! With that, we’re outta here. Have a great weekend, everybody!